A winter classic!
Join us in the famous downhill sledding ride “Korketrekker’n” (literally meaning “the cork screw”).
Oslo’s most popular toboggan run (“akebakke”) starts at the metro stop Frognerseteren and ends at Midtstuen metro station. At the end of a run, you can take a 16-minute metro ride back up to Frognerseteren for another go. The ride is 2 km long, and the elevation drop is 255 metres. One non-stop ride takes 8–10 minutes.
Some practical information:
- There will be a sign-up for the sledding trip: You can sign up now right HERE! It is also possible to sign up Friday at the Party. Due to great interest, we will set a limit of maximum 30 participants.
- We meet up Saturday at 12.00 outside Sentralen. (This means you can not do both the city walk and sledding.) (T-bane nr 1 from Stortinget at 12.23).
- Our local sledding masters Dag Are Hov (+ 47 41 23 25 58) and Jeanette Björnström ( + 47 46 38 05 95) will guide you to the metro and take you to Frognerseteren.
- Bring a metro card (Ruter ticket), or download the Ruter app. We recommend buying a 24 h ticket.
- Bring warm winter clothes – meaning jacket, warm winter pants, gloves and warm winter shoes.
- Helmet is included if you hire a sled. It is recommended that you wear a helmet, but it is not obligatory.
- The ride is free. You can hire a sled where the ride starts. It costs about 100 NOK a day.
We hope you’ll join us for this classic Oslo Winter experience!
Some more info in English via VisitOslo
We’ll have a coffee break at the beautiful Frognerseteren restaurant after the ride. Join in! Open for all!